POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Sphere_sweeps: determining axial vector at any arbitrary point : Sphere_sweeps: determining axial vector at any arbitrary point Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:16:47 EDT (-0400)
  Sphere_sweeps: determining axial vector at any arbitrary point
From: Doctor John
Date: 11 Feb 2003 13:32:41
Message: <3e4941c9$1@news.povray.org>
I suspect the answer to this may be "No", but just in case...

Is there any way of determining the axial vector of a sphere_sweep at any
arbitrary point on that sweep.
The determination of this is obviously trivial using a linear_spline, but is
there a solution for b_spline and cubic_spline.
(Reason for question: I'm trying to determine the placing of joints and
flanges on some pieces of complicated pipe-work and atm I'm limited to trial
and error.

John
--
Run Fast